Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 February 2007

I'm back


Well, the school holidays are well and truly over. These holidays went extremely fast. The trip to Queensland was fantastic.
We left on Saturday 13th Jan and stay at Dad's overnight in Newcastle. We then drove to Ballina where we stayed overnight. The hotel room was not the best, relatively cheap though. The best thing was the dinner at the Mexican Restaurant. YUM, YUM, it was the best mexican food we ever had. The next day we drove to Byron Bay to have a quick look around. I really liked the area and would love to live there but it would have to be beach front (of course). Then we travelled to our holiday destination at Palm Beach.

It was great. The rooms were big, roomy and nice. It had Foxtel, (which both Liam (DS2) and I loved) and the pool was very nice and clean. The beach was only a small walk down a lane way. Nearly every morning, Declan (DS1) and I went for walks along the beach, usually before it rained. It only rained for about 1 hour in the morning. We went to the theme parks but the most fun was on the beach or in the pool. I really would love a pool but it gets to cold in the mornings. here in Canberra.

Before we knew it, it was time to go home. We didn't want to leave as we had so much fun. I have posted some photos which I will scrap over the next few weeks.

Liam starts at his new school tomorrow, he is going into year 5. Both Brad and I are very nervous and hope that this school will help Liam. Declan doesn't start until Tuesday (Year 9, OMG I must be getting old). He also turns 14 tomorrow. This time 14 years ago I was in pain!!!!! but it was worth it.

thanks for reading

1 comment:

Yvette Adams said...

Oh your holiday sounds beautiful. The water looks just gorgeous in that photo. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. We are going to be holidaying near Coffs Harbour in October. My family used to go there several times a year (we only lived 40 mins away in Grafton). I'm really looking forward to it.