Powered By Blogger

Saturday 19 January 2013

Productivity

Good morning,

The last few days I have not been too well but I am feeling so much better today, probably because it is Saturday.

I love the productivity from the vegetable garden at this time of the year. Although it has been very hot, I have been picking many vegetables and they keep coming. Just this morning I have picked tomatoes and capsicums, which I proudly paraded in front of my family. There are still so much more to come.

Last night I decided to do my grocery shopping after I ate dinner. I needed to buy lots of meat and several other items (tandoor paste, rice wine vinegar etc) as I have planned out my menu for the next two weeks. I was really surprised how little it costed for so much food as I always budget $210 per week for food (I have two teenagers in the house, both boys). For the all the groceries I got it only have cost me $210 so in theory I have another $210 left over and I am sure I won't use that much for the essentials (bread, milk etc).

As it is much cooler here in Canberra today, I plan to do so much cooking so that there is food in the freezer and I can get it out in the morning and don't need to do much when I get home.

As this is the year for me to really curb my spending, I am tweaking my budget really. Come February, I will really look hard at what I am spending my money on and what I have been saving. With the $50 per week for my spending on lunches, I didn't use any of it this week except another colleague had her baby (I have three more colleagues due in the next two months) so I gave $5 towards some flowers. I think I have $81.50 left in the kitty, I haven't checked.

Will post photos of my lovely overgrown vegetable garden very soon.

Have a great day.

xxx


No comments: