Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Challenges and budgets

Today I read a wonderful, Rhonda's, her wise words and helpful hints really helps me with my desire to be more self-sufficent. This is why I have decided to really stick to a budget as well as challenging myself with saving more money. Rhonda's blog, Down to Earth can be found here: http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com.au

Brad and I have decided to save his wage and live off mine. OK, he does earn over double what I earn however being a contractor he could be out of a job tomorrow. If we can live off my wage, I know that we would be ok.

With my fortnightly pay, I have decided to have $200 to be transferred to another bank account as savings. I am hoping that eventually I can increase this savings but at the moment I am erring on the side of caution. Also, we need to learn to live on one wage.

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/03/14/1226021/379598-pay-packet.jpg
I have decided to challenge myself by only giving me $50 for lunches.


http://currencyguide.eu/aud-en/aud50front.jpg

Yes, I know that is $10 per working day and it seems a lot but sometimes I go for lunch with friends and it can cost me $20. Sometimes I go out two or three times a week. I am starting to take lunch with me on a regular basis and will save what I have left over at the end of the week. Hopefully I will be able to save more money this way.

Have a great day and please have a look at Rhonda's blog, it is an amazing blog.

xxx

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Visiting from Rhonda's blog. :)
Good for you for making changes with your budget!
Have a lovely day.
- Kristin

MLM247 said...

You must have a very well paid job. You must be filthy rich!!
I am now retired and doing part time work to supplement my superannuation. I would never ever spend that much on lunches. Why are you doing this? Your friends will still be your friends if you meet in a park and eat the lunch you made at home. Alternatively, why not take some suitable clothes and walk during lunchtime? Pay bills? Grocery shopping?

Maria said...

I'm also visiting from Rhonda's blog. Sounds like a good start with your savings' plan...As you go along it'll become easier. Interestingly I'm finally reading Judith Levine's book, 'Not Buying It; My year without Shopping'. It was mentioned on someone's blog a while ago and is written in a diary like form. The author is having problems with not spending on lunches and coffees etc vs missing out on networking opportunities for her career.