Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 January 2013

Fruits of Labour

Hi everyone, especially the ones that have come from Rhonda's blog,

This morning I have been outside picking carrots, squash, capsicums and tomatoes before it gets too hot  (around 37 degrees). I plan to make a pasta sauce out of the tomatoes and capsicums, not too sure what to make with the squashes, any ideas? My garden is getting so overgrown, I really need to make another garden bed for more yummy vegetables.

My biggest problem in my garden are earwigs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/Earwig_on_white_background.jpg

I put scrunched up newspapers every night and each morning I put the newspaper into a bucket of soapy water. I do get some earwigs but not too many. If anyone has a great idea how to get rid of them I would be grateful. I really don't like them.

With my $50 a week challenge, I only spent $13.50, one day I bought my lunch for $8.50 (I didn't make lunch the night before and was running late the next morning) and I put $5 towards some flowers/gift for a colleague who just had a baby. I am now left with $36.50.

The reason I why I am challenging myself is I would just go to the atm and get $20 nearly everyday. I know it was wasting money but I am changing these habits. Yes, my friends would understand if I didn't go to lunch with them however, my biggest problem is I have many friends who are not in the same group therefore lunchtime is usually very busy for me. I am hoping that within two months I have really settled down to bringing lunch in and are saving heaps.

I hope everyone is ok and keeping well.

Keep cool (for those in the hot weather).

love

Pauline
xxx

1 comment:

Michael said...

try roasting the squashes if they are not you big.