Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 April 2020

Hello Dear World,
 I'm back. Not sure how many times a week I will blog but I'm hoping to write on here at least three times a week.
What a crazy time this is. Isolating at home can be difficult and worrying for many people. I'm one of the lucky ones, I still travel into work most days and get to interact with other people in the office. My lovely hubby is working from home and is finding it a little bit difficult as he realises that he does need to be around some other people than just me and the youngest child (if you can count this child at home as he sleeps until about 2:00 pm, oh the joys of university). This has has surprised both him and me as he is a bit of a loner. We both of thought (in the past) that he could live as a hermit but this has proven not so. The only time he goes out is to go shopping (with me) on a Saturday morning and if I go for a walk (which is usually only on the weekend). We all need to do our little bit. People apparently however, have started hoarding toilet paper again. Not sure why, but I read it somewhere. Below is a picture my husband of the empty shelf where the toilet paper usually are. This photo is a few weeks old. Yesterday there were some toilet paper on the shelf (not a lot though) which was lucky for us as we really needed some toilet paper as we were down to our last two rolls. I hope everyone is doing OK and remember we can do this.



Every morning I look out of my front window and think of three things I'm grateful for. Usually this is after I have gone to the fridge to get some cold water. This morning the following three things are:

this amazing sun rise, it is so peaceful and quiet:


having this amazing cat in our lives (love this photo I took this morning and it appears that Kiki is meditating: 


and finally, Crumpets, not too sure how long they have been there. I didn't buy any yesterday or last weekend but I am thinking I will need to wait for my husband to get out of bed and check with him about when they were bought. Hopefully they are still good to eat (I hate wasting food).


The bonus of isolation for my husband and myself is that we are not spending a great deal of money. I always thought we did really well (before isolation) and really saved a lot but we have been saving at least 50% of my wage and all of my husband. Is it because we don't go to the shops as often. We are so lucky that we both of jobs for now but husband's contract finishes at the end of May and mine at the end of June. So only time will tell what will happen after these two months but we are good if we don't have jobs after June as we have plenty of money saved. Obviously we are not going out to restaurants and I am cooking a lot more at home. We both are eating so much more being at home. I am cooking dinner from scratch and a lots of things other things such as cakes and biscuits. Negative side of these is that I am putting on lots of weight (which I really can't afford). 

Well that is enough today. Take care and be kind to yourself.

Love

Pauline
xxx

No comments: